Listen to a sample of our bells ringing
In the ancient West Devonshire village of Germansweek St German's is a Norman church founded on an earlier settlement. It was dedicated in honour of St. German (or Germanus), a 5th century missionary and Bishop of Auxerre, who visited the South West of England in 429 and 443 and established numerous churches in the region.
The small church, sheltering in a hollow on the southern edge of Germansweek, has undergone numerous changes over the centuries, and was extensively modernised and restored in 1875.
Germansweek Parish church offers a Safeguarding policy which was agreed by its PCC and is currently in effect. The
Parish Safeguarding Officer is Mary Barkell 01822
820272 and Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor is Charlie Pitman 01392 345909
full details are here